Sunday, January 8, 2012

365 Things to Make and Do

Well, its 2012, and its time to make New Year's Resolutions, right?

The whole point of starting this blog was because a few months ago, I purchased a book called "365 Things to Make and Do" by Fiona Watt. I decided I was going to take the 365 challenge, and attempt to do an activity per day with my kids in 2012. And I decided to blog about it! If you want to follow along, you can get the book On Amazon for $16 ish.

So, full disclosure, I work part time, so my plan was not necessarily to do one activity each day, but I am going to make an effort to do at least 7 per week, and stay as close to the actual count as possible.

Luckily the book's activities are lumped together in groups of similar projects. So this post will show activities 1-4 which were completed on January 8th (I know, I'm already behind!)

 Activities 1-4: Drawing Castles

The idea is to use the pictures of the castles in the book as a basic guide, and draw 4 different castles:
1- Basic castle
2- Knight's castle
3- Princess castle
4- Spooky castle

Well, the fist 2 aren't bad, if I do say so myself. I think Riely and I did a great job of capturing the basic shapes and putting our own spin on them.  (Don't mind the giant crack in my scanner glass that lead to the marks on the pictures)



Now, Castle 3 was Riely's attempt on his own, and its not exactly the same as the book, but a valiant effort for a 3 year old. 

Then there is daddy's attempt at castle 4. It was supposed to be spooky, but for some reason its under water. I'm not sure he understood the point of the activity- that is to look at shapes and recreate them. But a nice castle non-the less. 

So, 4 down, 361 to go. Tonight we will attempt 5-12, decorating egg shells with tissue paper. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment